LONEALERT has unveiled a new, updated Windows Smartphone App as it continues its lead in protecting lone workers from all walks of life.
LONEALERT’s in-house developers have been busy using their razor fine coding skills to bring even more functionality to the Windows App, benefiting customers with a host of new and improved features including Track on Map Accuracy, added logout screen and enhanced display handling and layout for smaller devices.
The App has been updated to keep up with the rapid development of the industry, ensuring LONEALERT’s Smartphone solutions continue to stay ahead of the competition.
Existing users will be prompted to upgrade to the new improved App, suitable for Windows Mobile 8.1 or higher, through their phone’s usual update procedures.
The main features of the upgrade are:
- New feature - automatically roll over a periodic timer or cancel a standard timer when in pre-alarm on pin entry
- New and Improved Help Menus - New link to LONEALERT service numbers page and user guides.
- Reworked and improved application buttons
- Find Me button updates location when pressed
- Improved Track on Map Accuracy and GPS reliability
- Added logout screen that confirms that the user wishes to exit the application
- Improved user notifications to alert user if a network connection is not available
- Improved reliability of application and performance in weak signal conditions as well as added support to bad Wi-Fi connections
- Improved display handling and layout for small and high resolution devices
- Troubleshooting - Prompt to Restart Task button if necessary
LONEALERT is now continuing work to improve the capabilities of its Windows Mobile 10 Smartphone App.
LONEALERT’S Sales and Marketing Manager, Mathew Colley, said: “The influence of Smartphone Apps on all aspects of our lives is huge and is only going to continue to grow.
Smartphone Apps are an incredibly popular form of lone worker protection from all industries and we pride ourselves on the practicality and ease of use of our Apps.
The improvements and updates to the Windows Smartphone App means we are able to offer the best protection to lone workers using this solution and our in-house developers will continue working to ensure all of our Smartphone solutions are updated and improved in line with the latest technology.
To read more about how important Smartphone Apps are to business read LONEALERT’s blog at http://www.hsmsearch.com/page_677480.asp?hlight=apps